Friday, June 5, 2009

007. ARGH!!

Okay, so when I can't sleep, I flip through infomercials if I don't feel like watching DVDs. Usually I find a P90X one, or some ab-doohickey thing that I just watch for kicks. Buuutttt every now and then I run into this one:

The Kymaro Body Shaper.

Yes, sometimes we all need a good shaper to smooth things out, I won't lie. But when it's "recommended" as a SUBSTITUTE for losing weight and being healthy--that's just not cool. The infomercial had women that had waist sizes of 49" -- 49 INCHES!! -- and when they tried this thing on, apparently it made them "shrink" 4.5 inches. What was worst was that the people for Kymaro were like "wow, and you didn't have to do a single situp, crunch, or exercise!" and made it sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Here is where my "ARGH!!" comes in. I get so frustrated when people think they can take the easy way out of everything. My favorite acronym in the world comes from my 12th grade economics/government/psych teacher--"TINSTAAFL": There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Meaning, everything comes at a price, no matter what it is. You can keep trying to find quick fixes and that's what you'll get, not a lasting change.

Ugh, I feel like I've gone on way too many rants like this lately, so I'm going to stop. I just had to get my aggression out somewhere, sorry!

~ Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment