Thursday, July 16, 2009

009. Oops.

Okay, so I guess it's official--I'm pretty much the world's worst blogger.

But hey, everyone's got strengths and weaknesses, right? I'm not deleting my blog simply because I don't always (...okay, because I RARELY...) have the energy to write posts. I am going to make a solid effort to post more often though, because it's kind of ridiculous that I have this blog that's supposed to be interesting and informative but yet I only post in it maybe once a month if I'm lucky.

H'okay. Givin' this thing a shot.

I got the idea for this entry from a fellow Beachbody coach, Kelly Nelson (http://coachkel.blogspot.com). It was something I had been thinking about as well, but I guess I needed the extra push to actually write it down. ...Hey, that's what coaching's all about, right? Giving people that extra nudge to accomplish what you know they can do? Exactly.

Anyway, back to the point. My copy of Insanity will be arriving at my house in about an hour and a half. I've been so excited for this program since they announced its launch at the coach summit in March; it's an extremely intense, cardio-based "shreddage" program that is being touted as the most difficult workout program ever to be put on DVD--and I fully believe it! If DVDs wore out like tapes did, my free preview disc that I got with my One-on-One in May would be completely worn out by now! It brings me to the floor in a puddle of my own sweat each time I do it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

...But now that my own copy of the FULL program is on its way, a sense of reality has hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm basically going to be commiting myself to 60 days of pure hell. I'm going to be torturing myself--with the best and most welcome form of torture possible mind you, so it's a good-natured torture--for a full 60 days. What am I thinking here?!?!!!! Obviously I'm crazy, but why am I crazy? Because I love a challenge? Because I'm ready to take things to the next level? Because I want to be more disciplined? All of the above--but the best question is, why do I think I'm crazy for wanting to do this? What makes me think I can't do it?

Oh, that's right, because I'm the laziest human being on earth. I admit it--I am super-duper lazy. If I have nowhere to be for days at a clip, I'll literally just sit around and do nothing except eat, exercise, and whatever's necessary at the time. It's horrible. However, when it comes to my exercise regimen, I'm surprisingly strict with myself; even if I have plans, I'll always get it in somehow. I use my head when evaluating what exactly I will be doing that day, but it always happens, because I like how I feel when I'm done.

...That las tstatement statement brings me back to my initial question: what makes me think I cannot complete a full 60 days of the Insanity program? I really have no idea. I know I'm just going to take it one day at a time, and I've been so psyched for this for so long, so I'm definitely not going to quit, but I really don't know why I keep second guessing myself all of a sudden. I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

...........................and I promise I'll update about it ;)

<3 Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment